The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

Authors Working Together to Sell More Books

"Your life changes when you meet people." - Sterling Valentine

I want to encourage the authors and publishers on this Book Marketing Network to work together to help each other to sell more books. That's the main reason I created this network in the first place.

There are so many ways that you can help each other. For example, I wrote an article on 30 Ways to Help a Book Author You Love - http://www.bookmarket.com/loveawriter.htm. Most of those ways apply not only to your friends but also to authors helping each other.

In addition, you can do joint ventures, Amazon Bestseller Campaigns, blog tours, and more.

Please use this forum right here to list your requests for partners as well as your responses or offers to help other authors.

You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish if you work together rather than alone.

For example, I'd love to see a fiction writers co-op promotion where each novelist promotes the other members in the co-op on their blog or website or social network. Tweet about each other. Like each others' Facebook page. Do joint blog tours.

Poets can do the same thing. So can business book authors. Spiritual authors. Christian authors. Cookbook authors. Etc.

Views: 9153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John, Thank you for the accolades on my cover. As a designer/publisher I got a really good deal. LOL. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on my cover and can only begin to tell Christine the importance of not selling her cover short.

This is not where you skimp, Christine, and John charges a whole lot less than I do. $200 is a very small investment to ensure your buyer will be attracted enough to pick your book out of the gazillions 'on the shelf'.

Ginger

Now that my two Blind Traveler mystery novels are in paperback I would be very interested in joining up with NYC or LI authors to do book signing/reading events. If interested please contact me at rbennett@enablingwords.com

Thanks.

Robert

Can anyone give me suggestions on the fonts of my new cover. I am not sure it works.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dear Richard,

I'm attracted to your cover and title and honestly thought "I need to read this book" before I saw your 

question.  But you're right, the font could be changed.  I think you should use a more Gothic looking one. Stay away from the blood droplets b/c that looks a little amateur.  I also think blue and red don't mix.

You could actually have your name's font be the same as the title's font.  That's what I would do.

What's the book about?

Here is a copy of The London Lunatic. Feedback if you have the time.

Enjoy

Richard Porter

Attachments:

Richard,

As a publisher and professional cover designer I have to say that the cover image is good, but both fonts need to change. Try something like using the author name font for the title and then  Trajan Pro for the title. Also, the color choices of the fonts need to have a reason; neither of your choices, at this point, do. Take your photo and blow it up really big until it is pixilated, and then pull one of those colors. For the bottom, make the background color flow into the water, instead of being boxy. And one last suggestion, yes, all of these are suggestions, unknown authors name smaller than title. Hope that helps.

Ginger Marks

DocUmeant Publishing & Designs

DocUmeantPublishing.com

DocUmeantDesigns.com

Richard,

Look at the difference. I added more water at the bottom and more sky at the top to give the image more flexibility. This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps it will help jump start your creative juices.

Ginger

Richard,

After reading your book I came up with a more compelling cover that clearly illustrates the storyline. You can use any color wash you prefer.

I can give you some more insight if you like as to the content. But, since cover art is where your query is, I'll leave it at this.

Ginger

I am over the top excited! My book trailer is live! Misty Taggart's work is truly amazing! Very professional and affordable. How she animates a drawing is beyond me, but the way she animated my cover gal is just way too cool! If you haven't seen my new book trailer check it out here: http://www.CLEWbook.com/

That is amazing animation of your book cover character. Good work.

John Kremer

Yes, John it certainly is amazing. I gave her a vector of the girl on the books and she took it from there. She was trained by William Hanna of Hanna-Barbera Productions, so I should not be surprised and amazed, but I am!

I forgot to mention. She is taking on new clients currently so if you or anyone here wants to connect with her I would be happy to email introduce you. Just make sure I have your email and I'll get you two connected.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service