I have read that there are a number of words that sales people use to make the public buy things this I believe is called emotional selling because it is the power of these words strung together in an interesting way which makes people buy goods they don’t really need on impulse because they are thinking with their heart and not with the logical side of their brain.
Your thoughts and suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.
I found the following on the net
Power Words Tips & Tools
10 Key Words That Make People Buy
1. Use the word "fast" in your ad. People want fast results, fast delivery, fast ordering,
etc. Nowadays, we usually value our time more than our money.
2. Use the word "guaranteed" in your ad. People want to be assured they are not risking
their hard earned money buying your product.
3. Use the word "limited" in your ad. People want to own or receive things that are
exclusive or rare because they are considered to be more valuable.
4. Use the word "easy/simple" in your ad. People want easy ordering, easy instructions,
easy to use, easy payments, etc.
5. Use the word "testimonial" in your ad. People want to see believable proof before they
buy your product. It should be reputable and specific proof.
6. Use the word "discount/sale " in your ad. People want to find bargains. They could be
rebates, one time sales, percentage offers, get one free offers, etc.
7. Use the word "free" in your ad. People want free incentives before they do business
with you. They could be free books, accessories, services, etc.
8. Use the word "you/your" in your ad. People want to know that you are talking them.
This'll make them feel important and attract them to read the whole ad.
9. Use the word "important" in your ad. People do not want to miss important information
that could effect their life. People will stop and take notice.
10. Use the word "new" in your ad. People want new products or services that will improve
their life like new information, tastes, technology, results, etc.