The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

2009 will soon be coming to a close and a brand new year will be upon us. What marketing ideas do you have planned for the year 2010 and what are some great ways for authors to create a successful marketing plan for the year to come

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

For 2010, I encourage you to update and add new information to your authors media site giving it a fresh look. Start a new advertising program or expand the one you have to include author business cards, author book event posters, custom book markers, direct mail advertising using fliers and post cards, letters of introductions to bookstore managers requesting a book signing event, and some extended online marketing adding your author media site address to all your advertising means.

I also recommend creating some additional blogs that are filled with great content that are linked to your main author media site where people can find information about you and your book. These additional blogs should be topic blogs. For example if you have written a book about Hope, create a blog that is filled with hope and encouragement, whereas it attracts people to that blog searching for Hope and then showcase your book cover with a link to your author media site. I call these fishing nets. People that visit a blog about hope and encouragement are more likely to purchase a book about Hope.

Just some thoughts.

Author Media Blogs & Book Marketing
I'm thinking about doing an excerpt from my latest release on twitter.
Twitter can be fun, thats for sure. I have two twitter accounts, have met some wonderful people and found some very interesting sites on twitter.

You might also consider ShoutLife.com which offers some very nice blogs and interactions.

Author Media Blogs & Book Marketing

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service