The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

For those of us who have had our books reviewed, this would be a nice place to share our feedback. Here's a recent review for my novel, Virtual Wiles:

Review by Jeremy Twigg:

Virtual Wiles explores the dangers of becoming a prisoner to a simulated world and the potential technology that may be possible, even in our future. The story is a perfect blend between fantasy and the real world, where the lines between reality and make-believe are blurred.

The journey to this virtual world is an escape or vacation for some, while others use it to live out the life they never could have. Virtual Wiles follows Morgan Asher on a mission that leads him to a far off place, and has him questioning what is real--and what is simulated. At times I found myself doubting what was real and what was simulated--as if lost in a simulated world myself. And the only way to get out was to read on and follow Morgan through it.

The detailed description of the surroundings and the characters allowed me to see them as if I was there. When I thought I knew what was coming next, I was blind-sided by the tale. Romance also finds its way into the picture as the plot gets more detailed--and makes things more complicated along the way. The future of two worlds will be forever changed.

The story comes alive with perfect pacing, and the scenes leave a lasting imprint. There is plenty of depth to the characters and I instantly became attached to them. The book is extremely well written and the plot well thought-out. Ingham has created a magnificent journey that left me fulfilled at the end--but still wanting more. The only question left--when is the sequel coming?

Fantastic book! I absolutely recommend it for all ages! Five Stars!
----------
So far, Virtual Wiles has received 3 reviews. Links to them can be found at www.freewebs.com/virtualwiles/reviewsinterviews.htm

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Excerpts from September 5, 2007 edition of the Gilmer Mirror (page 3A)

Upshur County Library sets book signing
By Mary L. Kirby

William Butler will sign his new book, I Remember Tomorrow, at the Upshur County Library Saturday, Sept. 8, 10a.m. to noon.

The book is the first by the author, who has previous published short stories and poems.

The story, set in the small town of "Chimney," tells the adventures of a new cop Jeanette Henderson, starting with her first day on the job.

Her training officer, Stuart, starts with a prejudice against a woman cop and against rookies. When Jeanette, through her precognitive abilities, first prevents a [traffice accident] and than anticipates a hostile traffice stop, Stuart's attitude quickly changes.

No longer is the woman in his car a rookie but his partner, a grudging recognition of her experience in the military police.

[The author] dedicates the book to Becky Pope of the Gilmer Police Department, who he trained in his last assignment before leaving the [department] to work for the Attorney General of Texas in 1990.

Like [the fictional] Officer Henderson, [the author] served in the Military Police before moving to Upshur County.

The story revolves around her learning how to adapt to her new job, her new skills, and her new associates.

It is a fun read to take along on a trip or for a rainy weekend. Within its pages lie not only the answers to the plot at hand but also the threads for further plots, if the author is so inclined.

CLICK HERE to go to the I Remember Tomorrow web site.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service