The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

As 2008 ends people are planning their goals for next year. Please share your writing goals for 2009. Are you going to publish a new book? Are you going to Indie Publish your book? How many copies do you want to sell? Do you have a marketing plan for you book?

Let's help each other with our goals by offering support and accountability.

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to publish the second book in my Marge Christensen Mystery Series, Why Did You Die In the Park?, in the spring. I have a dba, Lillimar Publishing, for publishing my books myself, after careful editing and proofing. I hope to have two book launch parties: one in the spring in Traverse City, Michigan, where I now live and the other in June in Seattle, Washington, where I lived when I wrote the book. I'm hoping to get ARCs soon to send out to as many possible review sites as I can think of -- any ideas other than the usual book review media? How many copies do I want to sell? A kazillion! But I plan to have 1,000 or 1,500 printed, as I did with the first book. I don't care if I am selling them forever! I have a publicist and have left most marketing planning up to her, but if I can manage it will take a more active role this time around.

Pat Batta
I've realized I need to streamline my writing and publishing process, so I'm creating a pseudo-charrette to force me to work faster. I'm going to release six books this year (five business and one fiction) and help my wife write her first business book and her first fiction book.
I am educating myself with the express goal of self-publishing my books. Whether they are digital, POD, self-printed copies or hand-colored crayon editions is something I have not decided yet. (This will determined by the cost/profit ratio.) But, I have decided to take concrete steps that will help me to accomplish my long- time goals.
As I have a background in graphic and commercial art I am looking into / debating the feasibility of buying/ renting the equipment and print / publish them myself.
I also plan to take adult night classes in html in the Spring with the express goal of designing my own website.
For now I am editing, rewriting my stories to ensure that the finished product is the best it could be. I have visited other published authors and can see that in their haste to be "published" they put the cart before the horse. With the proliferation of excellent titles written by established authors they will be hard pressed to show a profit. The sad fact is that their writing cannot stand up to their competitors. So colorful websites complete with flash animation, free downloads and all those gimmicks will not do the trick if the writing is still perceived as amateurish. Too bad they didn't take advantage of peer-to-peer writing groups and have their work critiqued by others before wasting their time and money.
But, as for myself you can see I am still in the planning stage, weighing all my options. But my determination to succeed has not been diminished. In fact I am determined that 2010 will become the year of my success.

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service