The Book Marketing Network

For book/ebook authors, publishers, & self-publishers

It's been suggested that a person create a group that offers to do book reviews on the member's books and then post the reviews. Since I'm already been doing book reviews for two plus years, and I'm listed as steady, dependable, and reliable, besides "modest", I'd be happy to start a group where member's books are reviewed.

The only thing I require from the member's is remember you're a duck and water slides off your back. The review depends on the person's perspective and whether or not they like your book, in a good mood, or having a bad hair day. It's not personal. Remember this: Controversy Sells.

If anyone wants to become part of this group, let me know, and I'll set one up. In fact, I'll do one better. Send me your book. I'll read it, and if you're up to it, I'll interview you on Passionate Internet Voices Talk Radio and see how well you know your book.

How'z that?

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Lillian, I would be interested in a book reviewer's group but what exactly would the group consist of? Would each person who joins the group have to agree to review at least one member's book? Or would you, as the founder of the group, be the one who is reviewing the books? I'm a bit confused as you can see. LOL

Kristie Leigh Maguire
Kristie: That's a great idea. For each author joining the group, they must do one book review themselves. It will give each author a greater appreciation on how difficult it is to do book reviews. After that experience, if that author wants me to do a book review and interview on them, they can notify me.

I believe that most authors will learn something about themselves and the craft of writing.

As for the name of the group: Author Book Reviews. What do you think?

Thanks for asking.

Lillian
Elizabeth,

I think this is a great idea. I would be willing to participate and review a novel. If it is listed on Amazon I'd gladly post the review there also. However, it would need to be understood that it would be an honest review and not just a meaningless pat on the back.

Jim Olson
That's what doing a book review is all about. I've given some book reviews that the authors didn't want to hear, but guess what, no review hurts an author.

Thanks for your honesty. Let's see if we can inspire more people to come forward and create the group. I can promise all participants of the group that when their book is reviewed, they should call me off list and make arrangements for an interview on PIVTR. That way, not only will they get their book reviewed, they'll get the opprotunity of having a live interview on Internet Talk Radio.

What do you think?

Lillian
As I am new to the industry, I am concerned about my ability to review. I would love to review a book maybe once a quarter but my concern is for giving out a quality review. What do you need in order to become a reveiwer? My background is in engineering.

I like the group name Author Book Reviews. Has there been any resolution yet?
Oh, I love the idea!! I would definitely do a review or two.

And, yes, writing an honest review is the key and can be difficult for the author to read and accept. However, I believe that the purpose of these forums is to learn and grow. I look forward to it.
I'm surprised the last reply is a month ago. What happened? I would be interested in having my novel The Return reviewed, and I would be willing to review one, though I don't feel greatly qualified. I'm not sure I would fit on talk radio - it sounds scary. I'm not good at talking. I'd like to hear more on this topic. Margaret Guthrie
Hi Lilian! Can we start right away? I have written two book-reviews and would like to have them published in your Author Book Review rightaway, but if it's only for members the scope is limited. On Lulu.com they were quarelling about what to send for the review, per snail-mail or e-mail, download or genuine print version etc.

Wouldn't it be innovative if the books could be downloaded by the reviewer as an attachment? Or within the e-mail to avoid virual and trojan infections in the internet.This way, the people might spare dollars for the mailing charges. Just read the downloaded script, write your review and post it to this site. How's the idea? This way, the reviewer won't have piles and piles of books when he or she moves out to another town or address. In Germany paper is put into the green dust-bin. This way, we'll be avoiding unnessesary paper mountains. A penny for your thoughts.
Regards,
Satis
Hi,

I think your book review group sounds like a very good idea. I would be willing to review another member's book. I would also like a review of my latest novel, Confessions of an Internet Don Juan. I'll be happy to send you a copy or .pdf. Your choice. Thank you.

Cameron H. Chambers
Hi Lillian,

I am very interested in joining this group. As an avid reader, I would welcome the opportunity to review our members books as well as have my book reviewed. My debut novel "Me Time" was released in 2006 and I am currently completing the sequel, "I Got Mine" (Coming Fall 2008).

I also look forward to joining you on your Internet Voices Talk Radio. I have also started a group called Author Book Bag Club (ABBC) @ www.mgroupmanagement.ning.com. Log on and check it out.

What are the next steps to become active is this great adventure.

Happy Reading!

P. M. Morris
I am a book reviewer amongst other things. I'd be interested in having someone review my 5 books and exchanging a review with each reviewer. Sounds like a interesting exchange. Is there a group started yet? If so someone let me know where and I will sign up. I have 5 different books. One of poetry, one short novella based on a true story, a novel of murder, secrets and injustice (short novel not 200 pages), a household cures remedies book and a small novel of short stories. Any one interested in exchanging reviews please let me know. I review for 3 sites currently.
I have a new book that will be arriving in Los Angeles on December 6, so sure, I'd love to send you a review copy. It's a romantic-intrigue but I doubt if you've ever seen anything like it (oh, yeah, I know all authors say that). It's called: Love Monkey: A Tale of Desire, Romance & Intrigue and the characters are monkeys who hold jobs, drive cars and do all the things that humans do (sometimes better!). Inside are 16 full-color graphics of real life monkeys whose digitals have been photoshopped as characters for the book. (No, one one was harmed, they just do what they normally do, and that can be strange or odd too - - they're primates!)

Anyway, there is a dedicated Web site for Love Monkey at: http://www.monkeyromance.com and if you'd like a review copy, send me your address on the About the Authors page. You can also pick up a "sell sheet," Author's Notes and see a character or two, as well as purchase a book with PayPal.

Here is a link for your own sell sheet:

RSS

© 2024   Created by John Kremer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service